So, 5 days after the release of the debut issue of Calling Spots, I am delighted that half our stock is gone already. It’s amazing to me that after 7 weeks of me having a blast, making a fan magazine about something I love, people WANT to read it and see it. Having shipped copies to America and Canada, the ‘zine is already going global.
For anyone that has already made their purchase: Thanks you SO MUCH. I made this thing for you guys so I am glad you are enjoying it. To anyone thinking about it, here is what Twitter is saying about the Calling Spots Fanzine:
So what exactly is in the Calling Spots Fanzine?
- The infamous debut of the “Mark Henry Sweating Scenarios” comic strip.
- Fantastic exclusive wrestling illustrations of “Wrestling Dream Matches” in which YOU can be the booker! Yes we are the world’s most interactive fanzine
- A collaboration with the UK’s freshest promotion – Progress Wrestling.
- A sit down chat with the UK’s next big thing – Noam Dar.
- Want to perfect “Classic Wrestling Holds” in the comfort of your own home? We have a centre page spread that will help you become the next Dean Malenko.
- Wrestling poetry…..yes that’s right, poetry.
- Cult films reviewed (as long as they have wrestlers in them) with the timeless “They Live” kicking us off. Articles looking at:
- John Cena, is he the most important man in wrestling?
- What killed Scott Hall?
- Vampiro, a Canadian vampire in Mexico.
- Top 10 most anticipated Wrestlemania matches part 1
- On top of that we have top notch banter, grungy fanzine charm, YOUR twitter interactions and loads more!!
The ‘zine is only 2 pounds, which is about $3.10 in the States, plus postage. All money raised will go into making issue 2 exactly how you want it as well as getting loads of extra stuff to bung into your envelopes (some copies of issue 1 will come with random wrestling presents included FREE!!). So what are you waiting for? Click the “Merch” tab and get YOUR copy today.